We begin a new lunar cycle this week. The new moon is a time of new beginnings, a fresh approach, and starting projects. It is an introspective time, where emotions are typically calmer. This new moon takes place in the astrology sign of Virgo.
When Does the Virgo New Moon Happen?
The Virgo New Moon takes place on September 20, 2017 at 1:29am EDT (September 19 – 10:29pm PST). The new moon is an opportunity to set new intentions and begin new projects. To maximize the new moon, look at your astrology birth chart to see where it falls for you. Is it in your 9th House of travel and higher education? If so, maybe you choose to set an intention around taking a trip or enrolling in a class. Is it in your 2nd House of value and possessions? If so, perhaps you set intentions to spruce up your home, or maybe review your financial goals. By looking where it falls in your chart, it will help you set intentions based upon where you are being influenced most.
How Does Virgo Affect Us?
Virgo is practical and grounding. It helps us connect with the earth – where we manifest in physical form. It supports us in recognizing the sensible steps necessary to achieve our goals. What healthy habits need to be created? What unhealthy habits are holding you back? Looking through Virgo’s practical lens helps in creating efficient, organized, and logical steps towards the end result. Virgo is also a mutable sign – which means it is changeable, adaptable, and helps view things from a different perspective. With the Virgo new moon there are eight planets in mutable signs, which may stir up creativity and seeing things from a new viewpoint.
There is a lot taking place in Virgo. Of course we have the sun and moon there, but we also have Mercury (communication), Venus (love and money), and Mars (drive and ambition) influencing us. Our ability to manifesting is heightened also by the “grand trine” (connection) between the fire signs (Aries, Leo, and Sagittarius). The fire signs push us to take action. Virgo as an earth sign, supports us in manifest in physical form. As such, you may feel inspired to complete a project or inspired to begin a new one.
– Essential oils are a powerful source that support opening the heart and helping us restore love and trust within ourselves and others. Two of my favorite oils for healing and opening the heart are Ylang Ylang and Geranium. We have all experienced betrayal and perhaps still harbor feelings of resentment. These two oils applied over the heart help restore feelings of trust and opening up to love. Join us right after the New Moon call for a short class about essential oils and how they support us – mentally, physically, emotionally, and spiritually.
– Yoga poses: such as camel pose, cobra, eagle, triangle pose, and cat/cow poses help open restrictive energy within the heart and restore flow. Use essential oils over the heart prior to yoga or meditation to enhance your practice and open you up to receive more.
– Heart-centered meditation: Nothing is more powerful than focusing on love and expanding the vibration. Envision something or someone you love in front of you and expand that feeling throughout your body.
Journal with the Virgo New Moon
Restore balance and create clarity by journaling.
– Gratitude Journal: spend time writing about all the things you’re grateful for and feel the gratitude within your body.
– Forgiveness Journaling: One of the most powerful practices we can adopt is that of forgiving ourselves and others. It only hurts you to hold onto resentments, lowering your frequency and ability to attract what you want. Write a letter to someone you need to forgive. Tell them how you feel and either send it to them or burn it.
– Joy list: Make a list of things that bring you joy. Then every few days do something off your list to help your ego/mind see that you “in-joying” life.
FREE monthly New Moon Conference Call
Each month we offer insight into the new moon, how to work with its energy and end the call with a guided imagery meditation to help set your intentions. Join us!
[button text=”Register Now!” type=”link” size=”large” rounded=”true” link=”http://newmoonmanifesting.com/free-classes/” target=”_blank” color=”purple” ]
Virgo New Moon Class
Tuesday – September 19, 2017
9 pm ET |8 pm CT |7 pm MT |6 pm PT
During the call we will discuss
[li]Characteristics of this New Moon[/li]
[li]Information to enhance manifesting[/li]
[li]Advice on emotional healing and chakra balances to shift your vibe[/li]
[li]Guided imagery meditation[/li]
You may experience some interesting epiphanies that enhance your creativity. The call we be recorded and posted shortly after the live call.
[button text=”Virgo Podcast” type=”link” size=”medium” rounded=”true” link=”http://newmoonmanifesting.com/podcasts/” target=”_blank” color=”purple” ]
Use the Virgo New Moon to help you get back to the basics. Create practical steps and healthy habits to support you in manifesting more! Join us for the live New Moon call!